PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZIMbobWE seizes US cargo Plane and Mercenaries
Old 12th May 2005, 07:38
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow From Bert :

This thread has had plenty of interest, but how much help has it produced. My point being, and I know its a **** hole up there. How hard would it be for some to visit the place with care packages of needed things. Including medicine. Would it be allowed, would it be confiscated, would those visiting get back to SA.??
Bert with due respect .. a while ago I requested help. Those that responded know who they are (I have some names) and I also requested on anothe xpat site and it was amazing the response.

It went through the SA High Commission and they actually did get the foodstuffs and medicine as requested.

Mate and I promise you all the visitors that visited them arrived back in their countries without harrasment. Do not trust your American New$paper$

You can send that million US $ - will send you the account detail

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has confirmed the 62 alleged mercenaries being held in Zimbabwe will be charged with breaching the Foreign Military Assistance Act when they return to South Africa.

Makhosini Nkosi, the NPA spokesperson, says the law is a way to make sure that South Africa is not used as a base for mercenary activities.

Meanwhile, Zimbabwean immigration officials will hold an urgent meeting this morning with lawyers of the men to discuss their release. The alleged mercenaries completed their 12 month sentences in a Harare prison this week for activities linked to a coup plot in Equatorial Guinea.
From SABC News