PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internet ATC Data Feeds (Was Safe Air Travel...?)
Old 11th May 2005, 19:39
speedbirdzerozeroone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks pig dog, at least you comprehend what I’ve been trying to convey for the past few days. Keeping spotters happy was not really the main agenda, (A reminder of which can be found in most of my replies)

J>You seem to be bending whatever I write, I was always under the illusion that being shy, retiring and selfish and not helping your peers out, were the perfect traits of a worthy atco…but thanks for clearing that up, I feel so much more informed…

……I expect Mr Beckham to listen to his peers (and council them in return) but not to the public or the media (which would quickly result in a brood of quivering wrecks and legally embroiled football teams) If my statement is b******t then what you’re saying is that you DO regard the opinions of the uneducated ‘wannabe/media’ with any credibility, so AGAIN you have misunderstood the analogy that ‘I’ made. Unless, some wannabe with a scanner gets you nervous when he reports that:

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=149591

(May I use the thread which ‘coincidently’, YOU provided on the 9/5/05 15.38….?)

(Which I wouldn’t have expected an atco to reply to for the very reasons u give!……..a la Eric Cantona style)

(btw…….you don’t actually think for a minute that I was suggesting that kicking a ball around was comparable to the work of an atco do you? ALL professions are subject to media/public opinion but it doesn’t make them all uniformly (un)professional or deserved of it!)

Quote:

Is that through your professional capacity to discuss the matter?

…no, just fed up of “journeymen” getting righteous and not answering the question (but thanks for proving the point – again.)