PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has the R44 thread GONE?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 18:13
Stringfellow Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PFNo.1 - You know a lot about flying helicopters but you could learn a lot more about communicating succesfully.

Please do so beacause you made many valuble points in your original post on the R44 thread which are now lost forever because (it would seem) of your tone. The points you made do not remain to be picked up in the future by some newbie to this forum. They will not learn from an experienced pilot who felt he had to say something (and rightly so) because he could not say it without offending. Safety will not improve. All your effort was for nothing...

The points you made on their own in that thread would have made anyone who was high-fiving his/her mates because of a successful 180 auto from 200 feet snap straight back into reality. I think you were right to say the things you did between the ego, slander and sexism on the R44 thread.

No one listens to critism mixed with the above qualites because it is impossible to respect anyone who uses them - so if anyone really thinks they have a point to make it is worth removing them from it's delivery. People listen to those they respect.

Consider this to be me saying "Er, excuse me but..." to you.

Knowing that your posts seem to have led to a very good thread being deleted that could have very concievably (although impossible to prove) improved the flying and awareness of those that would have read it, would you now do anything differently on this forum?

If you think not then you are of the same breed as those pilots who were on the safety board you mentioned previously...