PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 16:32
Inuksuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - I was typing a similar message to brucelee's but as usual he beat me to it....are you sure you're not an CF-16 pilot bruce...you're quick!!

OK - here's my take

1 Heard low $50s for year 1 and 2, plus allowances. Wait time to get to something like A320 series FO on $90 or so is probably 3-4 years, something like that.
2 Cruise relief all YYZ and YVR - and will be initially Airbus and 76, with migration from 343,345 to 777ER,LR all at YYZ - but that makes no sense to me, but what the hell do I know ?? The 777-300 is badly needed for the LHR run - the 76s that do the majority of it don't have the capacity anymore, although we see some A333s doing a lot more during peak times.
3. EMB base is YUL and YYZ only, and will take on what the CRJ did along with some A320 runs - the usual North East and other regionals and of course, runs where the capacity of an A320 isn't needed. From all accounts, it's a sweet machine.
4. The training takes no prisoners - and you either run out the gate or you are screwed. Time is of the essence. 550 course needs pre-work in order to get you through it in my opinion, and about 2-3 weeks - probably two. Monday through Friday only during training - yep. If you don't know the FoM then you are again screwed. Late nights and early starts boys and girls.
5. Groundschool after equipment allocation is going to be 2 or three weeks, sim rides same duration - and prepared to be totally whacked - these are tough days ahead. Line doc follows and off you jolly well go...

Not sure what the plan is with the stragglers - can't remember what the fall-out rate was last time.

Ahh, yes the Jeppesen contract. I was speaking to a KLM crew (I am now off gin for life) the other day, on the 777, and guess what...the electronic flight bag is so unreliable, the charts are what they live by...

- -. --- --- .-.. (good luck - straight from the chart )

P.S. How much should we charge for this info ? I am keen to open Brucelee-Inuksuk Career Guidance for Aviation Professionals. We'd make a bloody fortune...