PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internet ATC Data Feeds (Was Safe Air Travel...?)
Old 11th May 2005, 16:06
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAW001, I more than a little bemused by your ramblings. You commenced your thread with a crusade to obtain "watertight reasons"........and how quickly it changed.

While it obvious you seem more than a little passionate regarding the topic, just who the hell do you think you are coming out with verbal like

The subject of the debate has ‘everything’ to do with safe air travel (Heads up: its kinda the crux of your vocation!)
(my italics)

The "subject" of the debate and most of what you are carrying on about has NOTHING to do with air saftey, and for you to feel you have to point out "its kinda the crux"........ I'm amazed you haven't been told to f*ck right off (in that many words)

The debate is that you as a spotter feel hard done by that legislation exists in the UK that prevents live ATC feeds (of whatever format) being provided on the web, and that there exists legislation concerning the use of a scanner to listen in to ATC frequencies (which, at this point it should be noted that I have never seen it enforced ) And it sounds like you have a little sand in your ass regarding the fact it is available in the US. Why don't you move there then?

Aside from the example/link I provided, I'll throw a few more at you:

- Security related flights (more than just good old Police flights)

- Situations where (touch wood) an incident/accident has occurred. Tell me, if your/your family were involved some sort of incident as pax or pilot, would you really want somebody on the ground with a scanner hearing the whole thing interpret what they heard and run around saying to one and all "Hey, you're not going to believe this!".......believe me, it happens (as this site has displayed on more than one occasion). There are also implications of this in any pending investigation that may be required (once again, if the damn British media get hold of it)

- I am wondering if these feeds would continue if a situation were to occur. Would the plug be pulled while it was sorted out? I'm betting yes.

I’ll write to the CAA using the same ‘original’ question safe in the knowledge that a reply cosseting more professional explanations and reasons will shed more light on the matter.
Yes, you little professional. You do that.