PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 15:58
brucelee

Using the guidelines of the last hiring, you start with the FOM course (550) I think is about two weeks long. This is a quick look at various company policies ie fuel, flt time limits, overseas ops, etc etc.
Near the end of the course you will be given your equipment assignment and off to ground school which is about another two weeks. Then followed by sim, 2-3 weeks and your ride. Line indoc is another week or so. That is my best recollection. To be quite frank, all this stuff is thrown at you pretty quik. Like trying to get a glass of water out of a fire hose. Our contract states you cannot work more than five days in a row during training I believe. Weekends off during all grnd schools.
Salary, not sure but low 40 to low 50 for first two yrs, then 60-70 third yr. based on the new position group salary structure. All this will depend on movement. You might find yourself on A320 f/o making 90k + yr. but not sooner than 2 yrs.
EMB to be based in yyz and yul. 340/767 rp yyz and yvr. Emb will do mix of RJ and 320 flying, ie rapidairs and yyz-caribean, west coast. RP flying is worldwide. 777 to be mainly yyz based from what we hear at this point but I suspect one or two in yvr as well. That's all folks. Any other input from other AC guys?
PS. You lucky guys won't have to memorize the morse code as we now have Jepp charts with codes on them and once the RJ leaves, all our machines have auto-tune radios.