PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 14:50
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear friends,
it is with a very heavy heart that I deeply regret to announce the passing of Rick's father, Captain John Cook.

John passed away peacefully during the afternoon of Tuesday 10 May, following a courageous battle against his illness. Even at the end, John was discussing campaign strategy with Chris.

It was, and always will be, a privilege to have known John. His dignity and integrity were without question, despite the treatment he sometime received from others. It is to his credit, and their shame, that he rose above it all and focussed his attentions on clearing the name of not only his own son, Rick, but that of Rick's fellow pilot, Jon Tapper.

In due course, John's son, Chris, will pick up the reins of the Cook campaign. He knows he has the support of many.

The Cook family has lost a loving partner/father/grandfather. Aviation has lost a pioneer. Many, many people have lost a true friend. The campaign has lost a giant.

Funeral arrangements will be made public if the Cook family wish them to be known.

Rest in peace my dear friend. You have been an inspiration, and you have earned your rest.

God bless.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook