PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 13:54
Inuksuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the scoop that I've heard -

1. Previous pool to be hired first and EMB FO or cruise relief on the long haulers will be offered based on need and domicile. If you're based in or around YVR, likely cruise relief is all yours, for example...bit of an exaggeration, but you get the drift.

2. Total time requirements it's been suggested will be around the 2500 TT - which is lower than before - and I have even heard, subject to other criteria being fulfilled (ie professional aviation programme completion), 1800 TT might even be enough for the future). Believe there is a firm bias anyway towards a professional aviation programme being completed. Also good solid multi turbine is essential - and the more you have, the more chance there is. Military also a good place to sniff around, but I had heard some reservations about hiring straight out of the military, not entirely sure how valid that is. mind you. Probably some individual biases.

3. The management is worried about a potential shortage, and is quietly eyeing the potential of introducing a cadet-scheme - bit like Cathay or BA - for the future.

4. New candidates, as I said before, with the new ACE policy of outsourcing most adminny type things, have to go through screening by an external agency, the rumour of an extensive psychy test and group scenarios seems solid, to be followed the next day with the remainder of the interview, medical then sim test, inlcuding, as slowstream says, all the usual basic airmanship qualities and dealing with one single failure, but not at a critical point, e.g. cruise.

5. Training is buzzing and one instructor on the 67 I know looks frazzled. Sequencing the sim sessions is going to be challenging...The medical dept. is also gearing up for lines of naked candidates - i had actually heard more than 80. Imagine what Irene would do if she was still around ??

6. Lastly, resumes are literally flying in from Canjet, Harmony, even a few from Transat and of course, as we all hoped - exJetsgoers. The guys at 5G have been recalled to the line also - and I suspect those jet jocks will have their resumes processed PDQ. So, for those who don't make it through the red and white door this time, plenty of opportunity out there as AC leads the hiring boom.

brucelee - did I miss anything ?
Apart from the flight deck uniform evaluation of course...

Blue side up guys and gals!