PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight International for better or for worse?
Old 10th Aug 2001, 17:12
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flight International for better or for worse?

Maybe its just me and im sure some of you will disagree. But has Flight International become both boring and bad value for money?

I remember the days when I would beat a path to my newsagents every wednesday to get the latest AIRLINE news and jobs from a much thicker lump of paper.

Now for £2.40 I get a wafer thin rag that sheds little light on whats happening with the airlines and gives less than one page to letters from its loyal readers. And they have reduced the quality of the paper on which it is printed.

FI quotes that they have over 300,000 readers, the vast majority of which I'm sure are pilots. So why don't they cater for the majority and leave the space and defence to more appropiate titles or at least cut down and cover more commercial pilot related topics.

I get more info once a month from the glossy yet informative Ailiner World magazine than four issues of Flight which I only buy now for the jobs section.

Anyone miss the old Flight or is it just me?