PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 11th May 2005, 09:25
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Craic!!!
Thank you for your prompt reply!!! I feel less nervous now!!!

As for interview questions, as I said itīs my first try in EK but I know that most management there are ex-BA people!!!
So I suppose most questions will be similar to the BA 2-2-1 interview.
The typical questions I guess will be similar to "give an example of when you received good customer service" - "which of your previous jobs did you enjoy the most and why" - "tell us of an occasion when you had to act upon your own initiative" - "describe one event when you gave excellent customer service, what was the outcome?" - "tell us an occasion when you had a problem with a superior. What happened? How did you resolve the matter?" (This one really made me sweat!) - "describe one event when you worked as part of a team" - "describe when you had to help a colleague. What happened? How did you support them?" - "why do you want to work as cabin crew? What are the positives/negatives of this job?" (Make sure you say one negative but show that you are not fussed about it!!) - "why did you apply for XYZ? What differs us from other airlines?"

When I did my BA interview 2 xears ago they also asked me some general aviation knowledge questions like concorrence on routes, fuel price rising, SARS, 9-11, Iraq war affecting the operations, and share prices. Since "Sir" Maktoum takes care of the latter, I wouldn,t worry too much about this for EK. But maybe having an idea of why airlines are struggling so much -and EK is doing great- could be an advantage!!!!

Hope this helps. I remember my BA interview so well, it was very challenging but when they called me 1 hour later with an offer the feeling was unbelievable!! So enjoy it, 2-2-1 interviews are where the best of you comes out!! I hope I can get to that stage....I am very scared of group interviews, some people talk too much and I am more on the quiet/reflective side.

Last thing.....when you choose your examples, make sure that you choose those where youīre directly involved with customers/people. If you donīt have one in particular invent one if necessary and "rehearse" it. Better do this than say "I am sorry I cannot think of one".

Good luck my darling, let me know how it goes and if these questions have been helpful. When is your final interview? If I am succesful at the first stage mine will be the 31st. I wish I could skip the group interview!!!!!!!!

Keep me posted

Love

FBW (Irene)

PS:If I can help you in any other way please do tell me, pm me as well if you like

***Love at first Flight***