PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has the R44 thread GONE?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 06:25
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PF#1,

I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell us how you got started in the world of flying Helicopters, if you would allow me to expand a little without trying to crush my question that is,

I got started pretty late in life, possibly you would say people like me should not fly, but I consider that we are all able to learn something new before we become brittle and uncaring enough not to bother, but, I paid for all my own lessons, and I further paid for all the many hours that I felt would make me able to fly as safely as I could,

I haven't had the benefit of any military service where it is quite possible to gain massive experience totally free of charge or even any financial risk whilst doing it right, or wrong.

Irrespective of your acerbic comments about the Pprune Rotorheads, I for one have asked some very difficult questions of unknown pilots and crew who spend a little of their time on this thread, I have used that information and found that most times they are absolutely spot on and in getting those sort of answers I have through this Forum seen and been able to identify many of the pitfall,s that only vast experience can teach you.

Many also know that we can all be acid tongued and act as Mr Gods left hand man, but sadly then people stop talking or passing information over.

I wish the original thread had not been pulled, for it was informative and showed the frailties of the normal human being,

Please Mr PPF#1 be kinder in your comments , lest you trip and fall onto your own sword

Peter Russell-Blackburn
Vfrpilotpb (get the handle, only in good daylight viz)
a simple willing to listen Vfr pilot PPL(H)

Last edited by Vfrpilotpb; 11th May 2005 at 07:12.