PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has the R44 thread GONE?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 23:30
bladewashout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPF#1, do you think that by insulting someone as 'dumb' and 'dumbass', you are going to foster any kind of open discussion when people make mistakes?

It seems odd to me that when you have made so much of your experience and approach to safety, you don't consider as worthwhile the safety benefits of an open forum for contributing and discussing real emergencies.

If the people to whom sh*t happens (whether of their own making or otherwise) don't talk about these occurances, nobody gets the benefit of their experience. Part of the reason I believe other contributors questioned the decisions in a more controlled tone is so others don't get scared off from contributing. Plus it's just good manners.

The form of the response is as important as the content in the context of pursuing an open forum and opportunities to improve safety. You appear to care more about making the readers accept that this pilot was a dumbass than leaving open the opportunity for everyone else to learn about other issues in the future.

You have clearly made a decision to adopt an abrasive contribution approach. You are smart enough to know there is a risk that some members may decide it's not worth posting similar issues in future, simply for a quiet life away from contributors like yourself.

So whilst I value your questions and experience, I would ask you to understand that if you continue with the insulting tone, it is to the detriment of general aviation safety for the rest of the readers.

If safety really is as important to you as you say, and you take such care in the cockpit, why compromise safety by acting this way when you could help improve it simply by moderating your approach?

BW