PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 10th May 2005, 22:31
Tony Bonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin Alder British Airways manger or BALPA spokesman or both, it seems he appears to be all bent on trying to convince us fumes are a rare event and nothing to worry about, nearly as much as an industry spoksman would.

He tells us that Bearing in mind that cabin fires and electrical fires ar far more frequent, he has never had a fume event or that cutting the grass or having sex involve risk.

To me as a a pilot and graduate with a first in psychology these comments WORRY ME!!

NOWHERE have I read anything from Mr Alder and therefore BALPA (as he is the BALPA FSG Chairman and I am certain he would not be posting this if not endorsed by those upstairs in BALPA) on this thread to show that BALPA has any condolences for its sick crew members or the families who now no doubt live daily with the consequences of fumes on their partners, any care for his members health or any support for those who seek change.

He clearly paints a BALPA that does not care, is uninterested in protecting its members health and puts industry profit over health and carrers.

He clearly has not read any of the published data.

THANKFULLY AS IPA / IPF MEMBER AND DON'T HAVE PEOPLE LIKE MR ALDER / BALPA LOOKING AFTER MY WELFARE.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PHIL!