PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 10th May 2005, 14:48
-400 Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin

You say there is no evidence, you say I looked at the BALPA Forum and could not find the release you quote, must have looked under the wrong title, so could you tell us all exactly where it is?

Now it all makes, sense. You as Chairman of the BALPA FSG say there is no problem but you don't look at the data, do you?

The release is on the BA part of the BALPA forum, it was posted on: May 7th, 2005, 6:44pm, by Tristan Loraine listed as Boeing 757/767 / NEC / Pool Rep / AETG. Are you not also a BA pilot? How can you miss it?

I notice on the 'General' BALPA Forum you posted the following:

As far as that surveyy done on BA 757 crews goes. Is there a table with de-identified id's of the crews, the hulls and dates etc for analysis? It still seems odd that a mere 100 crew members should get 1500 events, that is 15 each and the rest of the fleet seem to get none. I assume that they are are flight deck crew members or were there cabin crew as well ?If someone got 1 then someone else got 30 and that does seem unusual in terms of statistical spread.

Do you know how many flight crew members total were on the fleet during this period? If cabin crew members are included, how many in total were operating on the fleet at this time?

How is it possible for someone in your position to make such errors, clearly showing you have not attempted to read the paper. I read it from our own website about 4 months ago. As it is published surely we as members should expect that the FSG Chairman might have read it.

You say long term research is needed, crews like my flight training buddy flew the 146 back in the 80s and 20 years later are sick, surely thats a long enough study term?

You attack the NGO AOPIS but surely if unions like ours had done the duty we should have on these difficult issues, the sick from around the world would not have started AOPIS.

I have smelt fumes a few times on the -400 but was on the 757 in the past and glad I left the health issues you care little about.

Thankfully not all in BALPA appear to aggree with you. I am sure PPrune did not set up this forum for BALPA failings to be debated so I will refrain from embarrasing you further, I cannot 'not' vote for you as you are not elected. I will simply vote for the elected reps who do care and do the work: