PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Journalism
Thread: Journalism
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2002, 18:07
Kalium Chloride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, for one, think you're right APBJ. I can understand professional aviators' frustrations at the all-too-common failings of certain sectors of the press to ensure accuracy and cut out the sensationalism.. .. .But I also think that, too often, journalists are tarred with the same brush and that many people are inclined to forget that reporting is a skilled profession in itself, requiring dedication, training and intelligence.. .. .The problem is that, unlike the commercial aviation profession, there are no strict standards which must be followed from day one, no regular checks to "keep current" and too many wannabes and amateurs clouding the admirable work of others - those unsung members of the press who quietly risk their lives to bring out the whole truth, not just the bit which is acceptable to those controlling the flow of information.. .. .My apologies to those members of the aviation community who (thankfully) have the maturity to recognise and respect the work of certain journalists. It is much appreciated and I can assure you the feeling is mutual.