PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real dangers of Black Night VFR.
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 13:01
Matt-YSBK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. My Night VFR training was mostly been focused on IFR type flying but introducing a look outside as part of the scan. My Instructors have always taken me off to dark areas away from city lights and on dark nights so I could gain the experience and skills to fly safely even with no moon. My unusual attitude practice has always been off the coast over water recovery on instruments turns on instruments. Is that not how others are taught night VFR. My next step is PIFR and it seems sensible that night VFR is a logical step. The introduction of Flight following should give us more time to spend eyes inside I would think. I do have the luxury of a twin with a full modern IFR package including dual HIS. I certainly feel safer then the night VFR work I have done in singles. However if singles should be band for night VFR should they also not be banned in all types of Instrument Operations I don’t think this would go down well. All types of flying has risk so does crossing the street.

Like all aviation, Is not recently and good training and a sensible airspace system the key.