PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with BA-Customer Services
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 12:55
richrap262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only had an interview about 4 weeks ago. From what I remember the session lasts about 4-5 hours.
You are split into groups and will stay in groups for the whole day. Everyone who attended the interview had a presentation about Customer Service Agents. This was informal and did not count towards the interview.
After that we had to go into our groups and split off into different sessions. I had the group discussion first. There were 5 of us in the group and we sat at a table with a problem to solve. We had to invite people to a party, but the problem was we had a list of possible locations in the world, but some people did not like flying, others were physically disabled and some of the guests were children. I think you get the picture. We had 20 minutes to come up with a suitable solution. You get marked on your individual contribution, and also I think they look at who takes the lead and who can give their opinion on a particular view someone has risen.
After the group interview, we had a test to check our comparing skills. You have a flight ticket that contains all the correct information. You also have a computer screen with the same information on it, but the problem is that some of the information on the screen is wrong. You have to locate the errors and mark the answer on a sheet. You have about 40 questions to complete in 10 minutes. Most people only manage completing about 20 questions. The paper is not meant to be completed but I think they mark you on the accuracies of errors you have found. (The computer screen and flight tickets are printed in a book, and not actually on a real screen!)

To finish the day off, we had individual interviews. They last for about 10-20 minutes. You are asked questions from previous work experiences. Make sure you can give good examples of when you excelled yourself. For example give an example of the time when you offered excellent customer service etc.

Hope this small account has answered many of your questions. If there is any more you want to know then either post a reply or PM me.

richrap262