PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 10th May 2005, 11:33
-400 Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vested Interests

For those of you not from the UK you may be interested to learn that Martin Alder who posts as if he is 'BALPA POLICY' is not an elected representative of BALPA, is not the Chairman of their specialsed working group looking into these matters known as the 'AETG' and was a former manager at British Airways.

Therefore please do not take what he says as BALPA policy, but for what it is: The views of one member of BALPA, Chairman of their FSG group who are critised by many BALPA members for their lack of effort on these issues and well known to be a 'non believer' who I am informed did not even bother to attend the BALPA conference.

Some in BALPA have worked very hard on these issues and as a member it disturbs me to see what clearly is alot of infighting within my own association. As I have posted before, a good friend of mine who is now sick from fumes was not given the support BALPA should have given him. This lack of support generated from within the BALPA FSG structure. I suggested he post on PPrune his story but he tells me he would rather not tarnish his union as its does alot of good in other areas.

What is the official BALPA line ?