PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tafs and flying today
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 06:49
rednine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry but I would have to disagree. This debate is about safety and thinking about the weather.

Yes, OK, you can take chances and play the probabilities game and you can win.

However, you can also lose and the consequences of losing are severe!

I have been reading all this with interest and I would still suggest that as we are PPLs and doing this for pleasure and fun then we must be very cautious with the weather.

To justify my stand I ask you to look again at the post where the use of PAN calls is possible. Common sense, to me, would dictate that we should not even consider flying when this might be an option!!!

What are we trying to gain experience for? Again this is pleaseure and my view is that the weather is one of the biggest killers and I treat it with the UTMOST RESPECT.

I showed this correspondence to my airline captain friend who found some of the views amazing! His view, after 35 yeare flying was "I would be on the ground and not even considering flying".

His other comment worried me a little when he decribed some PPLs as "cowboys" - wonder why?

For me, I agree with him and you wont catch me getting experience up nera CBs with a TAF like that - give me a nice clear day where I can enjoy and have as much safety as possible and achieve what I set out to do.