PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomsonfly website, with jobs advertised!
Old 10th May 2005, 06:41
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The “new” application is a complete and utter travesty.

The HR people should hang their heads in shame if they could remove them from their posterior first.

Lest see now:

· Huge space for passport photo designed for coneheads--- but almost no space for phone numbers.
· Equal opportunities stuff… first you have provided a photo (oh yeah that’s right). second what’s the difference between White & Irish…. Are they meant to be green?
· Also translates to we need a certain number of minority’s in the pack so we look good even if there are better qualified and experienced candidates out there who happen to be western European.
· Flying Experience….Cat A >5700kg no problems. Cat B <5700kg one hole for one space WTF what about the plenty of people that operate two crew (as per CAA requirements) on multitudes of jets and turboprops below 5.7 oh sorry you don’t count flying little planes even if they do outperform the Boeing fluf.
· Type of initial training… If you have 500 jet or 1000TP as per min entry requirements no body cares how you paid or what you paid for it!
· Hours to first solo/ppl/cpl/atpl blah blah blah….. If you have 500 jet or 1000TP as per min entry requirements no body cares how many hours/sectors etc.
· Sectors to ATPL….. er last time I looked at my licence it had more to do with “EXPERIENCE” and having a type >5700kg. What’s the sector rule if you flew as an FO on say a long haul charter mob say 9hr+ sectors or if worked for a “honeymoon airline” (before you ask – think about it)
· Medical Questionnaire….. Are you taking any form of Medication??? Not yet but after completing this form I will definitely need something!
· OH and BTW we need to interview you next week on minimal notice because we cant find the right crew in our previous assessments (event though most of them could fly the sim but not fill out the paperwork) because we are hiring for NEXT SUMMER (06) yet it aint summer here yet!

Honestly this is one of the worst application forms I have seen. The jobsworthys who put it together have no idea, it appears that low cost is also applied to the HR department now.