PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internet ATC Data Feeds (Was Safe Air Travel...?)
Old 10th May 2005, 06:05
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA001

Putting aside all the legal questions (which you seem to be ignoring in any case).

Who is going to pay to connect up and run this live radar feed? Why would any ATSP have any interest in doing so, unless they ran it as a commercial concern and I very much doubt that there's going to be sufficient spotters willing to pay hard cash to make it worthwhile.
Also how exactly would the providers filter out certain squawks and military flights, the UK provides a joint and integrated ATC En Route service. Unless there is just one aerodrome who's traffic interests you?

It appears from your posts that you're demanding wider availibility of commercial data for FREE for your particular hobby. I should remind you that ATC in the UK is no longer in the public sector, it is run as a commercial enterprise. I cannot imagine any company in the UK allowing (what are effectively) CCTV cameras into its offices and work areas giving live feeds to the internet along with voice as well.

BTW I do wonder why Wittering are unwilling to allow you in, have you made a nuisance of yourself? From the tone of your posts in here you reminded me of an old saying my Mum uses. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

BD