PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 20:20
EnstromDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot claim a lack of interest in this subject as I am the Director of Sales for Enstrom Helicopter Corporation. I am intimately aware of the issues that have contributed to some of the "maintenance" issues with the aircraft and do not want to address those on a forum of this nature.

This aircraft has a long, reputable, history of operation in Mexico and it is interesting to note that, while the company that owns this 480B has researched the possibility of selling the aircraft, they have made it very clear that they do not want to sell this aircraft in Mexico. The reason? Because the operating costs are too low - and whoever purchased the aircraft could very easily out bid the current owner for leased time on the aircraft. The 480B simply is less expensive to operate than the Bell products that make up the rest of their fleet.

This aircraft is managed, maintained and operated by a Bell helicopter CSF and Enstrom has long maintained that there might be conflicts of interest regarding our product and the priority that is put on it when it comes to maintainence issues.