PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 49ers and Related Issues(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 16:55
geldap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good God, it seems that with all the infighting it is completely forgotton how this all started. By this particular company's disgracefull lack of regard or decency for members of thier own staff. One common thread in these arguments seems to be a consensus that there are plenty of sackings for those not prepared to jump through hoops for "management" - be they right or wrong, how can this be anything but wrong?

In my oinion, the amount of sackings from CX is disproportional to the size if the company. I believe the self proclaimed high standards and claims of being the best are precisely to divert attention away from the truth "oh yes he did not meet our extremely high standards so he had to go" when a more proper explanation may well be "oh yes he spoke out about..........so he had to go"

Even the people who defend the ethos admit to the wrong doing by CX but are too afraid to speak. This is how things are in China so maybe if CX wishes to treat people like this they should stick to operations within China - the western world does not wish the rights of Chinese enforced on their workers IMHO.

I always thought that a trade union was there to improve the rights of workers, defend against unfair treatment and unfair dismissal at work. The AOA seems not to be in existance to fulfill these needs. It appears to an outsider like me that it is a club that is there for the betterment of a select few. If people suffer detriment such as the 49ers the "union" should do all possible to defend and protect them, no matter how long it takes, otherwise it has failed to function as a union.

The people who voted to dump the 49ers should be ashamed of themselves - you have voted for yourselves not them. CX will of course know that the union is a pushover and has succeded in breaking it due to members not having the courage of their convictions.

I hope those pilots left in the AOA who voted to continue your club without your colleagues and have their perfect little careers still in tact sleep easy - I know I wouldn't.

Last edited by geldap; 9th May 2005 at 19:33.