PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Pay
Thread: Etihad Pay
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 14:50
etihadlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - the pay is about that - but come on !!! The "glory days" of flying are fast depreciating and really it is not all that bad. Try working for a LCC and see what you get these days in comparison to the workload they ask of crew and the conditions.

You have to try and remember that it is TAX-FREE!!! ie - take home. The only expenses that you will have are food and entertainment - and if you can't afford to do that on about AUD $2500- $3000 a month - then god help you - you must have one hell of a jet-setter's life!!! Besides - you will have to work sometime - so when will you have all the time to spend it????? I earned about that much in AUD$$ and STILL had a life, AND 2 mortgages and loans to service - so it can be done.
Ask any of us - Cabin Crew are fantastic workers of magic, we do this on a daily basis on board our aircraft, but we cannot just make money appear - we BUDGET!!!!!

Also, another fact which was mentoned earlier by fourplay - the cost of living in AD can be cheaper in some areas - taxis, purhasing of certain goods, etc...., and promotion chances are greater if you prove your worth in the company and want to achieve greater things. - so it ain't all bad ..... we can't have everything.

Remember - some people are prepared to give up an organ just to be cabin crew - so what EY offer is pretty damn good.

(Well, time for me to get off my soapbox!!!- time for my medication !!! )

Last edited by etihadlad; 10th May 2005 at 10:27.