PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 49ers and Related Issues(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 13:42
cpdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silberfuchs,

I actually agree with you however, this was not about losing a vote but the entire direction of the committee. It was hell or high water for the members on the committee and they were not listening. The war drums were banging and you were either with them or against them and so I walked. Should I have stayed in a group out of control that I neither trusted or supported...I think not!

Turbo Beaver,

Your either drunk or your a child...go away!

FR,

In normal times I agree with you. But like I said above, this was not a simple vote and many were not sure how many more would be fired for following the union advice. I love my job and I will not sacrifice it for anyone. That said, if and when I don't love my job any longer, I will leave the company unlike others that stay and fester like a cancer throughout the ranks.

Lastly, I think I speak for many that feel a strong union is necessary. But strong means a clear majority of members with an executive that negotiates fairly and competently with the objective of building good working relations with the company and voicing the concerns of the members in a firm but diplomatic fashion. We are not looking at destroying the company which provides for our well-being but to compromise in a fashion which moderates the changes taking place in this industry so the impact to us is softened.

The younger crowd must accept that the conditions of service and salaries of the 80’s will never return but we do have some bargaining chips like the age 60 issue. Best we use it before we lose it!