PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetstar goes regional
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 05:32
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defcon4 - My apologies - I got you confused with another pprune member named DEFCON 4 who has posted thoughts on AO in another thread

DEFCON4 writes - I can see a time when AO flies into lots of old QF destinations....ATH FCO YVR TPE maybe even the gulf.If they want to remove the east west time zone constraints you can bet that they are broadening their options.
I don't wish to hijack this thread but I still stand firmly committed to my statement that your rumour is ridiculous.

Australian HAS become an established brand in Japan. Just because you don't see it on TV here in oz it does not mean that in Japan it is very popular. From my own experience the Japanese do know who we are. Brand recognition is improving and AO is even the sponsor of the Aichi world expo in NGO. If you say that AO are not recognised then why are the flights full ?

I have heard a rumour that QF will start a 330 service from SYD to NGO. Nothing about sending expensive QF crews back on to routes now flown by AO. As Dixon would say.....'it's not sustainable'.