PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condolence thread for those on board VH-TFU
Old 8th May 2005, 22:12
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Captain Brett Hotchin - Rest in Peace

I had the good fortune of meeting Brett many years ago when he started his flying lessons. He always impressed me with the amount of preparation he put into learning, and was a great student. As a result of this meeting, we started a friendhip that continued to strengthen over the years, and I followed his career closely.

Brett was the sort of guy who was strongly principled, and was dedicated to his friends in such a way that many of us can only envy.

One example was when our daughter, "Jarsephine" was born. Although he'd never met Mrs. Jarse, Brett turned up at the hospital at 6am with flowers and chockies, and stayed there with us for several hours. He obviously took time off work to be there, but that was the sort of guy he was...

This was but one example of the kindness he showed to me and my family. He endeared himself to my family and extended family. He was like a brother to us, and was dearly loved.

Distance made it difficult for regular catch-ups with Brett, but whenever we did, it was guaranteed to be a big occasion. He'd always turn up with gifts for the girls. "Jarsephine" was very close to, and looked forward to visits from "Uncle Hermie". She is devastated at his passing, as we all are.

Thanks for the great times Herman.

Farewell dear friend....