PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tafs and flying today
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 21:20
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and I think some maybe propogating unrequired fear.........

I flew today with cells of CB's all over the place. Went to Wickenby to collect my children, flew them out to lunch and flew them home again before flying back home myself. Spent the whole day dodging Cb's and rain storms and at one stage had to hold off for 10 mins before I could land due to big rain and hail storm straight over the runway. Shows the really power and beauty of nature and stunning viz!

Guess what, both engines are still where they should be and my children had a great time and not a spilt drink between them.

If we only ever went flying in this county when the weather was "perfect" we would spend most of out life with our eyes cast skywards.

As has been stated here, use ALL the available sources of weather and your personal judgement which will grow with experiance to make the appropriate calls adn don't be put of by clubroom theory that all CB's are dangerous and will kill you. When they all start joining together into one giant 100mile wide storm is the time to sit on the ground. rest of the time fly round them!