PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'd like to thank .....
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 18:28
Safeware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting one over on the DS

I'd also like to thank the Mess Manager at CHOM, early 90s. Can't remember his name, but he was Scottish.

For family reasons, we brought our wedding forward about 6 months, with the idea that it would be 3 weeks after graduation. Sods law meant that plan was scuppered when there wasn't enough of us to do R Sqn and wedding would then be 3 weeks before graduation. Good old families officer refused us a house until after graduation, which also fell just before Easter Grant.

Had a word with nice mess manager and he arranged for Mrs SW to get a spare room on our corridor for the 3 weeks. Cleaners, bless 'em, even tried to find us a double bed! Mrs SW's room became a haven for all those things you didn't have time to tidy away before inspections (for the whole Sqn); Main Sqn were very quizzical about why a nurse kept leaving CHOM as they were forming up in the mornings and the DS had no idea. This was demonstrated by my flt cdr at grad lunch telling all the other parents aorund the table that grad day was the first time I'd seen Mrs SW since the wedding!

Probably the best value bottle of malt I've handed over in thanks

sw