PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My guess about what QF told the ALAEA
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2005, 10:17
Mr Chairman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At this time, 3% per year is simply not good enough with the prices of property at an all time high and inflation running at about 4.5%. Three percent will not even allow you to thread water it will slowly allow you and your wage level to sink below the surface.
However it depends on the sweetener which we all heard about but at this stage it seems to be a big secret only privey to the select few. An extra level (level 14) will be of no value to the vast majority of people. Five percent extra space in the quotas, again not much good when your grade 3. Entry level gone from level 3 to 4, some good for people getting a first licence but not much good for every body else. ( level 3 was always an embarassment ) One point per year for Jetsmart, not bad but for how many years, 1, 2 , 3 ???. First class travel for LAMEs , sounds good but QF only flys First class on a minimum of flights so benefits would be little plus the majority of LAMEs on the lower grades would not be able to afford the staff travel prices.
I haven't seen the full agreement (who has) but already I would advise a large No vote unless the sweetener is alot sweeter than the above.