PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - Cabin crew at BHX
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2005, 22:46
KTPops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike16,
We did our training in BHX so we were put up in a hotel for about 5 weeks. I am told that eventually the training centre will be moved to EXT at some point, which is where Flybe HQ is based.

Summer was always the busiest time for CC and FC, its not unusual to do a 5 day block of 4 sector days which was an absolute killer!! I remember that most of the time I was on a roster of 6 on 2 off with about 5 days of duty and 1 standby day in between. You do get periods of 3 days off depending on how fully crewed your base is. There was a good mixture of flights, anything from a lovely 2 sector DUB to a miserable EGC-PRG!

As I said, I hope you give Flybe a go, I can't emphasise enough how much I loved it there. There will always be people who hate the company they work for and yes, you will get screwed over from time to time with roster changes and rotten standby call outs but that's the job I'm afraid!

Tri,
Miss you lots buddy! I know I'm crap at keeping in touch but we MUST go out soon and catch up on all the goss!