PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo Pilots in Bahrain for GF interviews
Old 6th May 2005, 16:57
Inuksuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brucelee beat me to it...

This thread started with some idiot using whore and prostitute analogies to describe Jetsgo pilots doing what they basically had to do to make themselves more marketable. Whoever payriseplease is, let's hope he's more successful in going through the new about to be announced GF CRM classes, rather than posting a thread to command respect from fellow aviators.

C150 - some of those guys and gals, might not have wanted to spend their days flying Beechcrafts for $50k a year, and given the state of the Canadian aviation hiring market of late, what choice did they have ? Go on, tell me, they should have organized themselves into a co-operative before signing on the bright green dotted-line. No-one, I repeat NO-ONE, has the right to criticise another trying to better themselves, and as I have said over and and over again, if I was in their shoes, and had the chance to get jet time, with the offer of repayment with interest, then, I'd have been there at the front of the line....

The tide may be turning in Canada, in terms of it coming out one of the worst downward cycles imaginable, and a wave of hiring will be coming in the next few years.

Air Canada is not for everyone. Like any large organization it has its challenges - but even then, applications and candidiates outstrip vacancies by a huge margin. It's also a good time to get in, with retirals on the way, and with the 777s on the way, as well as rumoured international expansion, a cruise relief job to get the ball rolling would be a great step forward for anyone in my opinion...

So, cutting to the chase, I am sick and tired of potshots at AC, and those who did what they thought they had to seek progression...why can't we all just accept that they did what they had to do to get the jet time that most if not all mainstream carriers need to see in the logbooks ?

Lastly, a bit of a surprize - I wasn't born to an Air Canada pilot, hell, I was even born a Brit - and here I am; timing and merit the 2 best ways to get a job, irrespective of what others might say about quotas...

P.S. It was my opinion that Irene had rotten legs anyway.