PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying and flying dilemma
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2005, 15:13
bravojs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studying and flying dilemma

Hello,

I need sonme advice on a difficult situation. I recently turned 18 this year. I m due to take the Singapore-Cambridge A level exam end of october this year.

Problem is my lattest test results(academic) shows that i am really far behind in my work... Since the past 1 month i ve been taking a break from flying.The Singapore PPL syllabus is quite similar to the UK PPL syllabus. we have 5 theory papers, 1 RT practical exam and the FHT, to date i have only taken the R?T theory.. i passed it but it expired before i could take the R/T Practical

Currently i have about 29hrs, doing Circuits and PFL. I'm not sure if i can afford to squeeze in 1 hr a week till late august. THen i ll have to continue after the A Levels which ends early November. Next problem is i have to finish By december cos next year i have to serve national Servcice int he army...i worry that the beak between august and november is too long tt i will lose my skills and that i might not finish in time... maybe i should give up all together... i know the final decision lies with me... i just need opinions...

MAny thanks in advance

I need some advice on whether i should carry on as planned(4hr a month taking no exams but just building the hours till late august, then stop to mug for A levels, Continue after As trying to finish PPL by december)