PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will BA meet its recruitment target?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2005, 15:13
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-T-S-M

Hang on, I don't have the ATTITUDE that I can't make decisions. What I was saying is that BA asked for SPECIFIC examples of a situation when I had made a whatever (good/bad) decision. My basic response on here was because I couldn't really see the point in going into great detail (hey, I didn't really think anyone would pick up on my answer and try to tell me why I didn't get in). However, if you'd like me to explain - I don't get to make decisions in such a situation that would be worthy of telling my potential new employers about. How about this "Well, I get to decide what fuel I want on the sectors I'm flying" WOW!!!!!!!! Bet they haven't heard that before. Or "Well we had bad weather one day, and had to divert. My company specifies alternates, but I told the Capt it was my decision to go there, I'd fly it, and he could get the weather". Wow. Or maybe not so... Get my point???
I do get to make decisions, and am encouraged to do so by the Capts I fly with. My whole point was that due to a relative lack of flying experience (I'm 22) I didn't have many decent answers to their questions, which as far as I'm concerned had little to do with me as a person. So what if someone else has had an emergency where they made a great decision because the Capt had become incapacitated?!?!? Does that automatically make them a better person for the job? I was being interviewed for a FIRST OFFICER position - a position where you do know how to fly, blah blah blah, but can be moulded and TAUGHT along the way. Surely those questions would be far better suited to a direct entry capt, who most likely has got some stories to tell.
Oh, and would it have been better for me to LIE and come up with some corker examples???

>>Also we have no individual restriction on x-wind limits like many(all FO's are 2/3 airplane limits) and unlike many airlines in the UK our FO's can call STOP and touch flight controls such as speedbrakes<<

Umm, we have the same crosswind limits after 100hrs, and FO's being allowed to touch the flight controls?! Surely not!! If I was going to join a company where they thought they were special because they allowed a fully trained FO to touch a flying control, I'd definitely be going to the wrong place!