PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agencies and monopoly.
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2001, 21:16
riche71

thanks for all your replies.
On speaking with the CAA as a supplier of skilled labour we are not yet infringing on JAR145 this will only happen if and when we get premises to work from.
There was no reason given to me or my partner as to why we had to be off site.At the end some 20 guys wanted to work with us
and the agencies could not object but a manager there said if they wanted to work for us they would all be cleared off site and blacked and the only way they would be allowed on site was if they carried on working to the three inhouse agencies.In fact
one agency was kicked off site with us but they were then asked to a meeting with the management and are now back on site I/We were not shown any courtesy at all.
And I agree there needs to be an improvement
on the standard of agency allowed to supply
to the market but has any agency ever operated independantly of other agencies to offer us connies a better deal, in twenty years of connying I dont think so.
We contractors have no union representation
no agency gets us the best deal we should form ourselves into some sort of viable outfit that self regulates and gets the best deals for us whether we are LT's,Multi X,
fitters, mechs, sheetmetal workers etc.