PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agencies and monopoly.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2001, 23:09
riche71

Post Agencies and monopoly.

i have a company that supplies skilled tradesman to the aircraft industry and today
my company was told to clear all its men of site by Friday and that any tradesman who wants to stay on site cannot work through my
company.
i have been contracting for twenty years and about four years ago hit on the idea of forming a maintenance company that supplied
labour that would not be advertised for because i would simply use only people known
only to me who i have worked with in the past and had the respect for as high class tradesman.
i also thought that the CAA themselves would support us as we infact would be self policing and as we were still on the tools it would be easy for us to reference check
anyone wishing to work for us and of course it would not be in our interest to employ
indifferent labour.we infact unlike most agencies would go for quality and not quantity.
but there has been no support from the CAA
and also the agencies we were up against have held sway with misinformed management and have had us kicked off site.
can anybody not see that the conventional
agency set up is not any good for the industry and the fact that agencies are being allowed to force through one site one
or two prefered agencies is detrimental to aircraft safety.
how comes the tradesman i use and myself included are good enough to work on site through an agency but we are incapable of running our own setup and working as a complete unit.
by the way we have our own public liability,
certificate of incorporation,vat registration
etc.