PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Worlds' Best Beercall
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2005, 01:10
diginagain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Beer-call

Swiss International-airshow-in-a-Field, Yverdon, very late 80's. Two Lynx and a Gazelle plus hangers-on, and a Chinook from 47 Sqn. Bags of banter as per usual - one of the Chinook loadies was an ex-AAC groundie. Took me ramp-riding, complete with the old 'look, I've got the end of your harness in my hand, ha ha' routine.

All of the Brit Mil rotary crews were staying in a rather plush hotel in Lausanne. We'd got back into town just before the Chinook boys, and were lounging about outside the hotel when they returned. The loady-mate mentioned to me that they'd a fridge full of beer in their room, and I would be most welcome to partake of some. Blagged the room number off loady-mate, and for the rest of the evening, the entire AAC det enjoyed some of Europe's most expensive beer, sitting outside the hotel in the summer sunshine, courtesy of loady-mates room-number.

I'm certain that this is a tradition that has been re-enacted many times, but the look on the face of the 47 det Boss at check-out the next morning was priceless.