PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWSFLASH - possible mid-air explosion over Stratford, NZ
Old 5th May 2005, 10:51
deadhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CVR/FDR went to CBR today. Hopefully some meaningful data will get extracted, then we will know whether the crew carried out the memory items for "Wheelwell/Wing Overheat." Certainly, if all landing gears were found in the down and locked position, and the gear handle also down, it would add credence to the theory that the gear was deliberately selected down! We will have to wait and see, but that should not be too hard to figure out.

Someone correct me, I am working from memory (can't find my old Metro manuals) but memory items for wheelwell overheat warning was/is Landing Gear DOWN, bleed (on the affected side) OFF, and time for ?30 sec, and for wing overheat we added Generator (affected side) OFF as well.

Arctaurus (arcturus?), your question sounds like a typical journo trawl (not a criticism, only an observation), because it is impossible to answer, except to say that if there were any "known structural issues" as you say, the aircraft would not be certified to operate. I think I know what you are trying to ask, and if you try again, you might get a more productive answer. Suffice to say though, that if there were "unknown structural issues" then we wouldn't know about them!

Also, condolences to all concerned. Walked past the Airwork hangar today on way to work, and stopped and spared a thought for our friends and colleagues inside.

dh

Last edited by deadhead; 5th May 2005 at 11:07.