PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many are doing it?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2001, 09:29
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Personally I decided on the exit route so I'm doing an MSc part time to upgrade my intellectual capacity. I have an entry level job lined up in another field that pays half as much again as I earn now with prospects to double my money in two years. If I have to spend time studying it might as well be productive.

Years ago when the CAA introduced A8-13 and put paragraph 14 into AWN 10 I was on a B707 Electrics course. We had an Instrument Supervisor in the class who was fed up with taking more and more exams and qualifications, not to get promoted or earn more pay, just simply to stay where he was. He left before the end of the course and joined Plessey to fix traffic lights on the A40 (Western Avenue) for more pay. My mistake was not following him while I had the chance A couple of other instrument men left to maintain the Mars Bar production line machines. I don't believe you need a licence for that either, but the pay is much better.

And Plessey/Mars trained them on the company's time, at the company's expense without bonding them

Through difficulties to the cinema