PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter junky
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2005, 17:12
VeeAny

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Whirly I understand your cynicism however, as a freelancer I am sometimes asked questions of this nature whilst on site for a company. I think that impartial advice can be given even about approaches to banks and how to save money during training by some instructors / companies.

I also see where you are coming from, with regards to people being helpful if they think there will be a personal or business gain to them.

I'd still talk to a guy whos interested and wanted to go and train in the states, why would anyone not want to, other than if they really are too busy.

I can understand anyone perhaps being a little unfriendly if a student damaged one of their helicopters (and it was the students fault).

The reason I comment is that I have had this conversation many times in schools around the south of England and when some of us give our opinions its not to have someone elses trousers down, its down to earth genuine advice. What's in it for me at the end of the day, nothing usually. I may never see the student again, or work at that FTO/RF/TRTO again, but we should all look after each other in this game.

Thats not to say that being careful with money is not a consideration and that also is part of the conversation I would usually have with a prospective student.

Last edited by VeeAny; 4th May 2005 at 20:22.