PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2005, 15:41
AtoBsafely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Osaka DH8 Contract

Sunbird,

I'm on the ANA DH8 contract in Osaka, and I would not recommend it at the moment. I am single and have a decent older apartment for Y103500/month (64sq m, unfurnished), that you could have a spouse and toddler in. However, there was a deposit of six month's rent + 1 month rent for an agent to move in and utilities are about another Y10000/month. You will be taxed on your full salary + allowances, although at a lower rate than for western countries. ANet/ANA will not be give any assistance to find accommodation or anything else.

We work 5 or 6 days on, one day off and have 12-14 nights away from Osaka each month. This is really difficult for families to cope with. If you decide to commute instead, don't forget that you commute in your own time, and hell breaks loose if you don't get back here in time for your first flight. So, out of a 20 day break you will only get about 15 at home. ANA is being totally rigid about all contract matters (such as no per diems).

In short, you will get the advertised pay and allowances and nothing else. Expect to spend more than USD3000/month just living and eating in Osaka if you have a family. Do not expect ANet to give you anything.