PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 on 4 off
Thread: 4 on 4 off
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2001, 03:37
Ali Crom

Arrow

Currently on the 7 on , 3 off , 7 on 4 off pattern leading to constant fatique & forgetfullness ( accompanied by lack of hearing according to the missus ) . This pattern which seems to be the red hot favorite shift pattern as senior management would have us believe ( until the next manager steps in anyway ) has replaced the 12hour 4 on , 4 off pattern which was popular amongst the staff rostered on it .
There's been many reports discussed in recent issues of CHIRP FEEDBACK about engineers suffering fatigue from working excessive hours but for me personally I'm permanently knackered after working a normal shift without the additional overtime . I also read that in the latest issue all licensed engineers are to receive a questionaire on the subject so that an independant report can be made and to make recommendations as to good working practice. A total ban on all shift work would suit me down to the ground but I suppose that's just wishful thinking on my part . I mean who on Earth would want to give up the early rises at 5 AM or the late shifts over the weekends for the huge sums we all get paid in shift premiums ?

AC