PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay vs Air Canada?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:32
cpdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meaw,

You make a good argument for those that are unknowing but your facts are terribly wrong!

the one thing that you cannot dispute is that if you join AC within a few years you will have a paycheck that in Canada gives you an excellent lifestyle, a nice home, nice car, golf, sky whatever you want.

Yes I can! I will have an excellent lifestyle, a nicer home, a nicer car, more golf and more of what I want then if I were at AC.

Yes we pay lots of taxes

I pay lots of taxes too if I take a Canadian base.

Do you know if you will like the expat life in 5,10,15 years?

Did you know many have never lived in Hong Kong? As a freighter F/O you can start with a NA base then transfer after 3 years to a NA pax base and thus never be an Expat.

And while some may prefer CX or EK

Two completely different airlines with completely different lifestyles for an employee’s family.

Just think about it: Wouldn't you rather be at AC wondering about CX than overseas wishing you could be home?

What about living in YVR with 18 days off a month flying a 747-400 to Asia? Not with AC. Only catch is you start on freighters based in NA for 3 years and during this time you will be home about 12-14 days per month.

CX has never furloughed pilots although granted 49 were fired in one gulp but only because they challenged the company. If you’re smart and most are at CX, you will never have to ever worry about your job!