PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will BA meet its recruitment target?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 21:19
Bucking Bronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All

The reasons why BA is finding it hard to recruit? Well as Lima/Alpha junk says very lengthy time to command (except if you want B737 Gatwick) and a money purchase pension scheme, I know of one person who changed his mind after being given a start date on the B777.

I too also know of top guys who've not made it through the interview process and it's all the more galling when you end up sat next to a complete prat for a few days wondering how they managed to get through when so many good people got rejected.

The ironic thing being that when BA took over BCal, Dan Air and City Flyer that hundreds of boys and girls came through without an interview.

As for...

When I attended second stage BA some years ago all I saw throughout the interview was the top of the lady pilot interviewers head!
This doesn't surprise me - she's probably a result of the BA politically correct campaign whereby minority groups are pushed ahead/given a head start to fill vacancies. Note that Bob Ayling was rewarded by the Queen with some title or other for his services to equal opportunities.

Anyway, back to the TV...