PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA ups bans
Thread: ALAEA ups bans
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 14:39
qf_conehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In regards to the higher duties ban.

Im sure there will be more fine print like there was in the over time bans if it ever does eventuate.

it will cause a lot more problems than sections having no supervisors dmm's.

Think of all the people on secondment. ie - the blokes involved in anything a380 related, weather it be in sydney or the blokes in tolouse. The whole thing would be majorly disrupted if the lames doing that went back on the floor.

All the people who are seconded to office duties for OH&S crap, most of them are licenced. Im not sure, but would the company be able to operate without all the seconded OH&S people? or would workcover eat them alive.

I also think that if they do carry out a blanket higher duties ban there will be alot more people doing that unspeakable word because they will only be seeing the short term. What do they care? they are involved in the a380 project, or their working their way up in the oh&s/corporate environment.

You guys really need to just take it outside the gate for a day or 2. In the slim chance that it achieves nothing, atleast us ame's and apprentices will get to sit on our asses all day, unless the managers come out and start using their pens. Come to think of it, I would actually enjoy that even more than sitting on my ass all day i think!!