PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avionics we dont do that here
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2001, 03:01
reboot

Arrow Avionics we dont do that here

Soon bringing an A/C into LGW with an avionic problem may be a waste of time. The top knobs at Big Airways seem to think they dont need any avionic CRS on the ramp for the longhaul operation. You know the one with these modern planes with lots of avionic bits on them.
No why have them when we have RMA men with less technical knowledge. We just give the A&C CRS holders an avionic extension and they can sort it all out (I am sure thay are happy about that!!)
Do I hear you say that under JAR the A&C will have electrics, what! are we removing instrument, autopilot and radio systems from our A/C. Plus they dont have the experiance just like we dont for thier job.

What happens when a plane has a departure problem needing an avionic man well just call one over from the hangar, I thought they didnt want delays?

The problem is we all know our own job and know a lot of things that get the A/C and us and other people out of trouble but the bosses dont take this into account because sitting behind a desk you dont see the man who gets your plane away because he knows how to fix it quickly, correctly and SAFELY in the 15 minutes he has before the despatcher starts to whine about engineers holding up the plane.
We try to tell him but he wont listen, he never has and he never will.