PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can an L.A.E change a light bulb.?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2001, 02:19
Daget

Wink

You should work where I do then. Yes we have good people there but we also have a large number of bad ones, its not all their fault the company offered them money to take the RMA and they did, I know I would in thier situation. Now they are expected to do all the work the RMA entails and they just dont have the experiance, they were prepared to fiddle PER books to get the cover and money but now they have to do the work they are not all happy (some are I know). A lot of the blame lies with the company for bringing in this system in this way and also with LAEs for stamping the PER books. When they voted this system in in the company they also voted for the LAE job to be reduced in stature and the pay to be reduced, so they sold my position to get themselves some money, yes I am bitter and angry the company now wants to remove avionic CRS from the ramp operation. I have to on a daily basis go around clearing ADDs that the RMA teams have raised, go back to the old system and most of these defects would have been cleared when the plane came in. Being rude and sarcastic is my way of venting my frustration at the present situation. I also stand by principles and dont stamp fiddled PER books.
I think the hard working RMA holders are being let down by the bad ones but where we are you cant say that the old school union still runs the blokes the same way they used to in the old days, you hold back your PER books if the shop steward says so you put them in to quality when he says so, the question of being a good worker or a bad one dosnt come into anything ever. People can get away with doing nothing all the time or not knowing how to do anything.
Sorry to all the good workers out there tarred by my wide brush but lets not beat around the bush the cons outweigh the pros