PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 09:14
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz. This thread has been very successful - and the users have been far better behaved in their mature years, than in their PNG years.

This thread is winding down. Will wait for the Talair reunion threads to also die down, unstickie both, then if demand warrants, perhaps open a "PNG & Australia Nostalgia Thread", stickied in one of the forums.

A separate forum is out of the question as we probably have far too many forums now - what is often not realised is the hundreds of man hours needed every day by all the Mods around the world, moderating PPRuNe forums. Also, in reality, the number of users with PNG interests and the number of available topics would be insufficient to sustain a Forum in it's own right.

I can just see an Ex PNG Forum topics: Getting sloshed at the Temple of Aeros; Silver bellies - good or bad; Will VD invalidate my Medical?; How much did you make out of Talair cash fares; et al.

To my way of thinking, 20,500 "views" of this thread indicates it was of interest to far more lurkers than actually posted - that is exactly what PPRuNe is all about. I'll chat with my fellow Woomeri and see what ideas we can come up with. However, whilst there is an interest from users and the posts are of general interest, amusing and topical, we will find a way to keep a nostalgia thread alive.

And lets not forget there are many PPRuNe users I'm sure who would have amusing stories to tell from the real days of Australian aviation.

PPRuNe is it's users! If there is a need, we will meet it.

Woomera