PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN Aircrew Application...... Or Not???
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 19:54
vector801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All,

Well, AIB have been in touch and Cmdr Air has made his decision.

He is not going to let me take my RN Aircrew Application any further. AIB have offered me the chance for ATC/Fighter Controller which is good.

I feel a little dismayed at the fact that I was told I had a competitive score but have still missed out. Also feel a little misled by the RN again (I'm not being bitter if it seems that way). After failing FATS first time to be told by De-breifing Officer that I'll get another go only to be overruled by the AIB, seems to have happened again to some extent.

Think what I’m getting at is that I was given a 3rd chance at sitting FATS having already had a great score for P & failing O miserably. If they know that a re-sit will improve your score by only a small amount, then why on earth did they even offer me a 3rd attempt knowing I had to attain a miraculous score for O!!! Having said that I gather I did, only missing out by 2 Marks!!!!

Really thinking about writing a Letter to Cmdr Air, to see if he will let me take AIB for Aircrew. I know there has to be a line to which the RN must draw their standards to, but I am so Passionate and Determined that if there is a slight chance that I can take it any further, I will use it to the full.

Any advice or professional criticism is again welcomed by all, especially those in the know!!

Regards, V801