PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 17:12
Twinact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandem,

You are clearly a graduate of ISS, brevity much improved.
To the best of my knowledge:

- FADEC has had one software change to remove the Eng Fail caption problem.

- The control pallets are inspected more regularly, although I believe 576's pallets were also inspected just before its last flight.

- The aircrew manual is largely unchanged, people just understand it better through time and familiarity.

- The FRCs have always reflected the Mk 2, but as systems are now better understood, the drills are written more clearly.

You don't address the icing limits?

You don't know if we have 'opposing' views, I haven't stated what I believe the cause of the crash was, but this thread prides itself on facts and I believe some contributors have been understandably 'economic' with the facts to support their case. The fact remains that the aircraft that flew in mid-June 1994, is 'essentially' the same as the one flown in Bosnia, Iraq, Sierra Leone, etc. (I use 'essentially' in its dictionary defn of 'the qualities that make any object it what it is', ie the mechanical components.)

The position does not need to be defended, in as much as the aircraft is unchanged, no dramatic mod programme or software rewrite has taken place. Aircrew then and now are happy to fly it, although some will argue otherwise. People may have been wary of something they didn't completely understand, but that is the nature of professionals in all walks of life.

Last edited by Twinact; 2nd May 2005 at 17:57.